Monday, October 13, 2008

What the hell is wrong with some parents???

Come one come all to dump off your unwanted children in Nebraska. I understand how parents get fed up with their kids. I do! My kids drive me crazy at times too, but that doesn't mean I am going to take a short drive across the river to dump them off in Omaha. (I remind them occasionally that Nebraska has a safe haven law). I chose to have my kids and can't imagine my life without them. Of course I have my days where I want to lock myself in the closet, except I know they would be on the other side of the door knocking and calling my name. I feel for the dad that had nine kids and couldn't provide for them and felt that the kids would be better off with someone else. But people there are services out there to help. And then there is the mom that drove her 13 year-old son from Michigan to Omaha. WTF! How can you drive 12 hours knowing you are going to dump off your kid. How does this make the kids feel? This truly upsets me. Oh and let me tell you about the parents (and I use the term loosely) from Spokane, Washington that wouldn't feed their 14 year-old daughter, when authorities found her she weighed 48 pounds. These people barely gave her water, she licked the condensation of the windows for God's sake. I don't get people!

No comments: